Pledged resources and half million dollars for relief needs in support of military members, veterans and their families
BETHESDA, Md. – Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) today announced donations to help provide critical services for military service members, veterans and their families, and other individuals entering the United States following their departure from Afghanistan.
Lockheed Martin pledged $550,000 to nonprofit and charity organizations in response to events in Afghanistan, which have brought about immediate relief needs for American service members and military families.
Lockheed Martin will donate $250,000 to the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces, which supported evacuation efforts for service members, State Department employees and their families, and Afghan refugees, including care and feeding for those in transit and who arrived at airports, military installations and other locations.
The company will also donate $250,000 to Headstrong, a national network of 280 mental health treatment providers across all 50 states, which provides confidential, no-cost treatment for military members, veterans and their families.
Additionally, Lockheed Martin has partnered with five charities to match up to $50,000 in total personal donations from company employees. Those charities include:
- All Secure Foundation, which provides couples’ workshop retreats and post traumatic stress resiliency training seminars for combat warriors and their families at military bases across the United States.
- American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces, which provides the aforementioned critical services for service members, U.S. diplomats, Afghan refugees and their families.
- Boulder Crest Foundation, which enables post-traumatic growth for combat veterans, first responders and their families.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, which funds the National Military Survivor Helpline, providing around-the-clock support for veterans, military spouses and family members of fallen service members.
- United Service Organizations, which is currently supporting increased traffic at its centers in Southwest Asia and Europe as service members are deployed to help with the situation on the ground. USO also supports service members who were forced to evacuate Afghanistan and need basic necessities, such as clothes and shoes.
Lockheed Martin is proud that more than one in five employees today is a veteran, and we’re committed to the well-being of the United States military community. To learn more about Lockheed Martin’s ongoing efforts to support service members, veterans, and their families, visit our Military and Veteran Support page.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 114,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.