HAI Announces 2021 ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest Winners
Alexandria, Va. – HAI is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest. Now in its ninth year, the contest encourages photographers from around the world to submit their images of helicopters and drones in a variety of categories that represent the rotorcraft industry. And this year’s top entries truly reflect the industry’s international breadth, with our winners hailing from no fewer than five countries.
For 2021, we added the category “Helping Hands and Helicopters during COVID-19” in recognition of the significant impact the pandemic has had on our industry’s operations.
In addition to receiving cash prizes, the winning photographers will have their images displayed at HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Mar. 22–25. The winning photos will also be published in the March 2021 issue of ROTOR.
“Our Photo Contest entries this year once again portrayed the essential work the rotorcraft industry performs,” says James Viola, HAI president and CEO. “These images submitted by photographers from around the world show us and our aircraft saving lives, serving our countries, keeping the lights on, fighting fires, and celebrating a 50-year marriage—and that’s just in the six winning photos.”
As in the past, HAI received many excellent photo entries this year, but those listed below stood out. Visit contest.rotor.org to view the following winning images:
- Grand Prize Winner: Mark Mennie, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Category Winner – Helicopters/Drones at Work: Julien Botella, Le Tholonet, France
- Category Winner – Helicopters/Drones in the Military: Carsten Vennemann, Stuttgart, Germany
- Category Winner – People and Their Helicopters/Drones: Marilyn Grubb, Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
- Category Winner – Helicopter/Drone Digitally Enhanced Photos: Creigh McIntyre (Creigh Photography), San Diego, California, USA
- Category Winner – Helping Hands and Helicopters during COVID-19: Sylwia Tylkowska, Zawiercie, Poland
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who submitted a photo to this year’s contest. Please plan to participate in the 2022 ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest by submitting your entries at contest.rotor.org, beginning Aug. 2, 2021.
HAI is the professional trade association for the international helicopter industry. HAI members represent more than 3,000 aviation businesses and individuals who safely operate more than 4,500 helicopters approximately 2.3 million hours each year in more than 73 nations. HAI is dedicated to the promotion of the helicopter as a safe, effective method of commerce and to the advancement of the international helicopter community.